Technical information for students
Learning and time management for students (and others!)
- So You are Thinking of Doing a PhD ... take this simple test, by Anthony Finkelstein.
- Notes On The PhD Degree, by Douglas E. Comer.
- The Researcher's Bible, by Alan Bundy, Ben du Boulay, Jim Howe and Gordon Plotkin.
- Heilmeier Catechism, for when you are writing a research / experiment / study proposal.
- I did a PhD and did NOT go mad, by Richard Butterworth.
- How not to get a PhD, from The Guardian newspaper.
- How to Read a Paper, by S. Keshav.
- How to Write a PhD Thesis, by Joe Wolfe
- How to give a good research talk, by Simon L Peyton Jones, John Hughes, and John Launchbury.